AstroGrav Help /Sample SimulationsVersion 3.7.1
There are a wide variety of sample simulations provided with AstroGrav, and these are grouped according to the type of simulation into the following folders.
- Abstract Systems contains simulations of a variety of abstract systems that can be studied, modified, and used as a source of ideas for further investigation.
- Exoplanet Systems contains simulations of exoplanet systems in which the orbits and interactions of the exoplanets are in some way interesting or unusual.
- Solar System contains a variety of solar system simulations, with each one containing different subsets of objects (planets, moons, asteroids, comets, KBOs).
- Solar System 2 contains simulations of particular objects (asteroids, comets) in the solar system whose motion under the influence of gravity is in some way interesting or unusual.
- Space Missions contains simulations of space missions in which "gravity assists" were used to reach the mission target.
Each sample simulation has accompanying notes explaining what the simulation is, how it was created, what you can do with it, and with ideas for further investigation. These notes can be viewed either by using the above links, or by using the Window / Notes command when the simulation is open.
Copyright © 2005-2019, AstroGrav Astronomy Software